Sunday, August 5, 2012

Earnest Rides BMX

I was having dinner with some friends who were visiting from New York a few weeks ago and somehow one of them described me as earnest. Usually, I feel like "earnest" sounds a little negative in my ears, it can smack of desperation, but I didn't hear it that way. It made me think about my friends, FBM and BMX in general. FBM is a company that sees the heart as one of its defining symbols. It's a group of people that are devoted to riding bikes and having fun, traveling to see new spots and old faces. It made me think that what BMX could use is more earnest people. Earnest about having a good time, earnest about taking care of their friends and their scenes. Crandall writes about this better than anyone.

Steady Rollin With Kenny Horton from TiogaBMX on Vimeo.

American Hand II from Jon Walley on Vimeo.

HENN SC from FBM BMX on Vimeo.

1 comment:

BMX Freestyle said...

It is glad to know that people become interested in BMX sports and freestyle and sometimes BMX is also kid's hobby.