Friday, March 27, 2009

I wanna party with that dude! Part 3

As a kid (and by "kid" I mean through the age of 26) I was/am a huge Star Wars fan. I would like to say "who wasn't" but every so often I meet people who couldn't give a wookies dump about one of the greatest series of movies ever. In fact, some of the first trails I built were called Endor (the planet which hosted the redwood tree laden moon that they visit in Return of the Jedi). So who do I want to party with? Well, everyone involved with Star Wars: George Lucas, every fictional character, actor, set designer, key grip and even some other people that are similarly stoked on Star Wars. But that doesn't make for a good post, so if I had to pick one person, then the choice is obvious:
Lando Calrissian/Billy Dee Williams
Now, a part of me wants to hate Lando. He was a traitor who sold out his friend Han Solo (also on the party list). However, as you really look into the movies you see some of his humanity, and how his hand was forced. In the end, Lando's story is one of redemption as he spends years infiltrating Jabba's lair just to rescue the friend he betrayed, so he is alright in my book. Oh, and he is a total badass and you know Lando is down to party because that is exactly what he is doing with all the Ewoks at the end of Return of the Jedi. (A bmx/star wars crossover! Ewok bridges at the trails). So that is the Lando side of things.

But why Billy Dee Williams? If you are asking that question than you haven't seen this commercial. Get with it. That dude is sooo smooth. I even got a tentative agreement from part of the Country Clubbin blogging staff that they would switch from Country Club to Colt 45 for tonight because Billy Dee is so rad. And as if that wasn't enough, the guy is not only an accomplished actor who made his way to the top from humble beginnings, but he is also an accomplished artist. Visit this site devoted to his painting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lando's the best.