Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ron DuHamel

My uncle, Ron DuHamel, has recently returned to one of his original loves, painting and has a new website to showcase his life's work. Ron's paintings are big (bordering on huge) and his approach is as bold as the landscapes he concentrates on. This is one of his older pieces, but one of my favorites. Growing up in California I have always felt that Poison Oak, with its glowingly beautiful but different seasonal identities, "look but don't touch" danger and aggressive growth patterns was the perfect "state plant" rather than the poppy (no offense to the great flower). I have had more than my fair share of poison oak in my time spent in the woods and if I could have a superpower, poison oak immunity would be my first choice, but I am not sure I would ever want to eradicate it.

No comments: